The Eurotunnel Shuttle (Le Shuttle) transports vehicles between Folkestone in the United Kingdom and Calais in France. The journey under the English Channel takes only 35 minutes, although the whole journey is a bit longer due to check-in requirements and the boarding process.
- Motorists should arrive at the check-in point at least 30mins before your train is meant to depart (but no more than 2hrs before your scheduled departure).
- Check-in is made using either a self-service machine (remember to bring the card you used to book your ticket, and/or your 8-digit reference number) or manually.
- Once checked-in, you will be given a departure hanger to place in your car (visibly). If there is enough time before your train is meant to leave, you can visit the Passenger Terminal for last-minute shopping and refreshments.
- Before boarding the train, passengers and cars go through border/passport control, where you passports and documentation will be checked.
- Around 25mins before the train is meant to leave, boarding will begin. Follow the green arrows to your allocated slip lane.
- After the journey (only 35mins), follow instructions to drive toff the train at the other end.